You can hardly compare any other online store themes & templates with Magento themes as they are simply unrivaled and offer feature-rich solutions to the online merchants. The themes provided by Magento will give you complete control over the content, appearance and the usability of your eCommerce store. Because of these advantages, Magento serves as a perfect platform for building an eCommerce site.
Thanks to fantastic Magento Theme Customization options several businesses were able to establish themselves in this dynamic eCommerce industry.
In a very less time, Magento has received a tremendous amount of positive response from the online merchants. The reason Magento technology stands apart from others is that of its simple UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) that allows users to browse through the website quickly.
If you are also planning to set up your online store on Magento, then you will get a broad range of themes & templates to choose from. Well, Magento Theme Development plays a significant role in the development of Magento based websites & stores. Without these themes and templates, you won’t be able to give a proper outlook to your portal.
There are plenty of free themes available in the Magento’s directory, but if you have a good budget and want to give a gorgeous look to your store, then you can opt for custom themes which will be designed as per your requirement. Given below is the in-depth detail about the how free and custom themes are different from each other.
Free Magento themes
- The best thing about these themes is that it’s free. This is the main reason why most of the online stores go for it.
- These themes are easy to set up and doesn’t require any coding. All you have to do is to download any free theme and within a few minutes, your site or online store will be ready to use.
- They are compatible with all the versions of Magento. And they also load up on almost all the web browsers.
- As these themes are available in Magento theme store, there are chances that the same theme will be used any other store too.
- You cannot customize or upgrade free themes according to upcoming market trends and standards.
- There are fewer chances of getting technical help in case of any hack or spamming attempt.
Custom Designed Magento Themes
- You will get your hands on a fresh and unique design which will give your store an attractive look.
- Customised themes are easy to manage and can quickly adapt to the latest trends and standards.
- The theme developers provide complete technical support which will help you keep your online store live all the time.
- Highly SEO friendly
- Custom themes usually come with a hefty price tag.
- Designing and developing a customized theme takes a good amount of time.
- Compared to a free theme, customized themes can be a bit slow.
From the above mentioned details, you will easily get an idea about the free and custom themes. It will be good that you hire an experienced designer for your Magento store development project.
Janetta Ainslee is a certified Magento Developer cum blogger. Presently, she is employed with Magentax Ltd, a Custom Magento development company. She loves sharing information rich content about web design and development tips and tricks.