Last month we have decided to write a serial tutorial post about wordpress installation.Last week we published a post how to install wordpress in hostgator in 3 minutes.Some web master choose their hosting package in hostgator and some are in bluehost.Besides theses we will try to present our tutorial in another hosting sites like sitegrand and others.
Here, We will describe how to install wordpress on bluehost.Step by step guidelines for the primary and advanced readers.
In order to install WordPress, you need an account in Bluehost. Go to Bluehost and click on the “get started now” button.
Step 1: Go to Bluehost
Step 2: Enter Your Domain Name
You need a domain name for your WordPress site. Bluehost gives you two options opportunity:
- You can register a new domain name.
- You can use a domain name that you’ve registered elsewhere. Bluehost’s name servers:
Tips for Choosing a Domain Name
- Choose “.com” domain extension if possible. It’s the most popular extension.
- Choose a domain name that’s memorable and short.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens.
- Choose your keyword based name.
Step 3: Enter Your Account Information
At this place, you must enter your account information, package details, and billing information.
Recommended Bluehost Package Information
- Account Plan
Choose the 12 month web hosting plan because your needs can change in a year.
- Site Backup Pro
This add-on makes a daily backup copy of your site to help protect you from data loss.
- Domain Whois Privacy
This add-on hides your personal information when someone performs a WHOIS lookup on your domain name. It’s available only when you register a domain name.
Step 4: Skip the Add-ons
At this step, Bluehost gives you several add-ons which anyone or more you can choose . Skip them all and click on the “Complete” button.
Step 5: Create Your Password
At this step,you must write a secure password and put it in your safe file.You can use password generator to create secure and strong password.Click on the “Create your password” link.
- Click on the “Password Generator” button.
- Click several times on the “Generate again” button.
- Copy the generated “Pass Phrase” in a safe place.
- Click on the “Paste” button to paste the generated “Pass Phrase”.
Click on the “Create” button.
Step 6: Login to Your Bluehost Account
Enter your domain name and password, and click on the “login” button.
Step 7: Create an Email Account
Click on the “Email Accounts” link from your “cPanel → Mail” section.
Enter an email that you want to be associated with your domain name.
I recommend you to create a secure password for your email account using the password generator.
- Click on the “Password Generator” button.
- Click on the “Advanced Options »” link.
- Change the password length to 18 characters.
- Click several times on the “Generate Password” button.
- Copy the generated password in a safe place.
- Check “I have copied this password in a safe place.”.
- Click on the “Use Password” button.
Click on the “Create Account” button.
Step 8: Install WordPress
Finally! You can install WordPress on Bluehost using the “one-click installation”. Click on the “WordPress” link from your “cPanel → Website Builders” section.
Click on the “Start” button.
Select your domain name and click on the “Check Domain” button. I prefer my domain name to be without “www”. You?
Check “OOPS! Looks like something already exists there! I understand that continuing will overwrite the files.”.
- Check “Show advanced options”.
- Site Name or Title
Enter a title for your WordPress blog. Make sure that it’s SEO optimized. It can be changed later.
- Admin Username
Enter a username for your WordPress blog. It can’t be changed later unless you reinstall WordPress.
- Admin Password
Enter a secure password for your WordPress blog. You can leave the generated password, or you can enter a more secure one. It can be changed later.
- Admin Email Address
Enter an email for your WordPress blog that can be used for admin purposes. You can use the email that you’ve created above. It can be changed later.
- Check “I have read the terms and conditions of the GPLv2”.
- Click on the “Install Now” button.
Congratulations! You’ve installed WordPress.
If you prefer to go Bluehost.click here.
After installing wordpress you need wordpress theme.Here is some premium recommended theme for you.
1. Theme-junkie .50 themes only $49.
You can get 50% off by this coupon code( XMAS).Limited time.
2. Elegant Theme. 87 Themes only $69.
3.Templatemonster. Now 10% off.
4. Mythemeshop. 89 Theme and Plugin only $199 regular price.Now it is $87
5. Teslathemes. 33 Themes only $49
If you like this post for your friends who want to know,you can share it or like it.If you want to get fresh and update contents in your mail,subscribe with us by your mail.